Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XT Forester CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with a base 14 forester. They have a red color blindness in their eye and cannot see the dashboard lighting at night. Is there anyway to change the lights in the cluster and the radio backlighting?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Touring CVT
86 Posts
The dashboard is "easy" in that you just need to get behind the cluster and replace the lights.

The radio I imagine would be a much harder job. The lights are most likely soldered onto the circuit board. You'll need some good solder skills to replace them.

·
Registered
2014 XT Forester CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dashboard is "easy" in that you just need to get behind the cluster and replace the lights.

The radio I imagine would be a much harder job. The lights are most likely soldered onto the circuit board. You'll need some good solder skills to replace them.
Thank you. Moving to an aftermarket Radio might be the easiest answer there I think rather than tearing it apart and then putting it back together that thoroughly. The issue is really the cluster.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
certainly the SH is all LED, one wouldn't expect regression.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
320 Posts
certainly the SH is all LED, one wouldn't expect regression.
Is there a painted red screen over the dash that one can remove with acetone and cotton swab as in the video? Or, LED's are actually RED.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts