Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT 4EAT SportShift
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently got hold of a gauge pod from Australia for my 05 XT.

From what I can make out it is designed to fit in place of the original box lid cover.
I've managed to remove the whole box assemble from the dash, with the help of the info on the forum here....but after removing the five screws under the lid, the cover does not want to come off!

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what gauges are people running?

:woohoo:

No worries, I figured it out - it's all in place now!

Just need to sort some gauges out now!

I've been looking at different options - Prosport, Autometer, VDO etc....what are people running?
would be good to get some opinions...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do those fit 60mm gauges? and do they make them for left hand drive Foz?
I got the part from here streettuned.com.au - Australian owned, supplying automotive performance parts worldwide

It is designed to take the 52.4mm gauges, but the site says it will accomodate the larger ones with modification. It's a very sturdy piece of kit, so enlarging the stock openings shouldn't pose a problem.

Downside is I don't think it is available for LHD vehicles. Obviously coming from Australia it is set up for their RHD spec - which suits us Brits just fine...:biggrin:

I did read on a thread on here that the company had been asked about the possibility of manufacturing a LHD version, but don't know how far that request went....:icon_frown:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f104/gauge-pod-thread-6848/index3.html

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5XT SH Manual
97 Posts
Is your storage unit still functional? I'm looking at building a GPS unit in to mine, don't need any more gauges....

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
19 Posts
Broke Mine

While trying to fit a long rolled up rug in my 2001 Forester I accidentally broke the cover for the storage box on the dash. I'm here at work trying to order a replacement part online but not having any luck. I'll try and take it apart after work and see if there is a part number to reference, but if anyone knows of a good website that I can order the part from I would greatly appreciate it. Also is there a trick to getting the part off, or is it pretty straightforward? I was not a happy camper after smashing up my baby! Thank you !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts