Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the other day it re-emerged from its long sleep. The rattle down inside the dash on passenger side. Its a particularly cheap sounding rattle, plastic on plastic and road vibes activate it. Sounds like the infamous '09 '10 door panel rattle only up under the passenger side of the dash. I've already had the glove box out and the lower panel off and checked everything I can get to and its not it. It sounds close to the base of the windshield. I shined a light down the defrost vent from outside looking in and there is a diverter fin in the defrost vent that is perpendicular to the longitude of the defrost vent and it looks like a possible suspect, but I see now way to get to it. And since this rattle is worse when the car interior is cold from having sat outside a while, and tends to tame down to almost being gone after the defrost system has been running awhile and is blowing hottish air, I think this might be it. Still, no way to get to it that I can see. :yell:

·
Registered
04 XT luxury
3 Posts
any luck with this lone ranger? I have a similar sound from the passenger dash near the windshield, there is what looks to be a plug / cover over a screw in the dash near where the squeak is comming from however I am not sure if it really is a screw cover. Dont want to rip it apart if it is not, can someone confirm this??

2004 XT luxury

Cheers Ginno

·
Registered
04 XT luxury
3 Posts
ok just did some more reading, looks like this thing is the sunlight sensor, best I dont attack it with a screwdriver. Anyone else have any ideas before I start pulling the dash apart?

Ginno...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts