Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

Could anyone tell me if the headlight height adjustment control should light up with the rest if the dash? Mine doesnt and never noticed if it ever did! And there is nothing I hate more than bulbs not working! Petty I know but hey!!

And one other thing while hovering out the car at the weekend I noticed that in the boot, the long thin compartment is empty, any one know what should be in here?

Thanks
Derek.

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Hi lads,

Could anyone tell me if the headlight height adjustment control should light up with the rest if the dash? Mine doesnt and never noticed if it ever did! And there is nothing I hate more than bulbs not working! Petty I know but hey!!

And one other thing while hovering out the car at the weekend I noticed that in the boot, the long thin compartment is empty, any one know what should be in here?

Thanks
Derek.
Mine doesn't light up from memory and it's too cold to go out and look!! I think the long compartment holds the rear cover when not in use. Again, thats from memory.

Ben

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
None of the buttons on my s-turbo light up.:shrug:

I thought the long compartment was for a fishing rod (I my have dream't that though):biggrin:

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if i'v got a flat with no fishing rod im ok then!!

And English Ben , when its not so cold have a look for me !! thanks.

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I have heard a few uses for the long compartment:

fishing rod
umbrella
rifle ( apparently its gun shaped in the USA )
baseball bat ???

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
Hi lads,

Thanks
Derek.
According to the wiring diagram for my MY99 it has a bulb to illuminate the switch.

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
looks like I'll be spending some of my day pulling switches:icon_biggrin:

taken from here, New Subaru Car Reviews, New Subaru Forester (1997 - 2002) Car Review

There were no fewer than 23 separate storage spaces throughout the car, including a special fishing-rod compartment and even a plastic bucket in the spare wheel. Its purpose? According to the importers, it depended upon your mood – washing up or chilling Chardonnay…

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Been wondering about this for ages. Time to pull swithes.

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
Well, since half my switches are without illumination, I'll need to pull my switches too but... does anyone know if there is a replacement LED pack that'll fit in these switches to save the hassle again later?

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts

fishing rod
umbrella
baseball bat ???
Where exactly is this long thin compartment? I don't seem to have one ...

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
In mine, everything is lit up except for headlamp wash and the 'bright' switch for the clock. Do these have bulbs in? Do they come out easily? If it's a struggle I'll not bother.

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6MT
371 Posts

fishing rod
umbrella
baseball bat ???
er - the baseball bat needs to be within easy reach surely? - so best kept under driver's seat - (for forays into Liverpool/North Manchester etc) - I think we should have a 'what's in your compartment?' thread - instead of the FOTM - might be more fun e.g.

baguette in France, rigatoni in italy, brolly in the UK, and so on.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Thinking caps on folks...

How did we get from dash lights to this?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
er - the baseball bat needs to be within easy reach surely? - so best kept under driver's seat - (for forays into Liverpool/North Manchester etc) - I think we should have a 'what's in your compartment?' thread - instead of the FOTM - might be more fun e.g.
Ye gods don't say that - I'm in Bromborough overnight Saturday !!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts