Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2014 Forester XT Touring, but I have a small yet annoying rattle that sounds as if it is coming from either the center upper dash or from the eyesight camera cover. I've been trying to hunt this rattle down, but I can't seem to isolate it.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so do you have any input on where your rattle was or may be coming from?

If I can't find it and fix it myself soon I'll give my dealer a try. I asked about it the last time I was at the dealer, but they said their mechanic couldn't hear a rattle. It seems louder now so if I have to bring it back I'm hoping they'll hear it and have an idea as to a remedy.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Dove_jj mentioned he had a rattle coming from the Eyesight housing several months ago. I am not sure if he has had it looked at.

Here is what he posted in this thread about moon roof rattles:
I don't have a moon roof rattle, but mine seems to be coming from the panel that houses the ES cameras. When I put pressure on the panel with my palm the rattle disappears. I'll get it looked at when I got for OC#1
He will probably chime in on this thread, if not, you could send him a private message.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dove_jj mentioned he had a rattle coming from the Eyesight housing several months ago. I am not sure if he has had it looked at.

Here is what he posted in this thread about moon roof rattles:

He will probably chime in on this thread, if not, you could send him a private message.
Thanks. Initially I thought it was coming from the plastic shade cowling over the MFD, but I've tried pressing and lifting that and the buzzing/rattle persists. Same for the Eyesight housing; I thought I had determined that was the source and added some foam to keep it from rattling, but it still is present. I'm now wondering if it may be the Eyesight housing rubbing against the plastic channel/wire cover that the runs from the roof to the dimming compass mirror. At least when I push in that area I can hear a clicking as the Eyesight housing rubs against that plastic wire cover. Next step is to temporarily remove that wire cover to see if that fixes the issue.

I had a rattle from one of the moon roof wind deflector supports. I added some silicone lubricant to that and that seems to have silenced that rattle. Now if I can just track down this buzzing/rattle coming from the front area I'll be golden.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts