Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,,

anyone know where to get the tiny "twist lock bulbs" needed for inside the dash switches?

Thanks

Derek.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads,
Don, this one; R509TYBK 1.4w T5 14V 1.4W Indicator & Panel Bulb Black Base, looks very similar to the ones ime looking for ,to suit the headlight washer switch and bright switch, were they the bulbs u tried to replace?

·
Registered
2000 S-Turbo TZ1A
24 Posts
Thanks lads,
Don, this one; R509TYBK 1.4w T5 14V 1.4W Indicator & Panel Bulb Black Base, looks very similar to the ones ime looking for ,to suit the headlight washer switch and bright switch, were they the bulbs u tried to replace?
Funny - but the same switches (washer and bright) need bulbs on my car...

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
Thanks lads,
I originally tried R509TJBR but the base was slightly too large in diameter.

I R509TYBK "may" be alright but is slightly taller and may not fit all required applications.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks don, iv had a look at the switch and I think they are worth a shot!

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Hi all,,

anyone know where to get the tiny "twist lock bulbs" needed for inside the dash switches?

Thanks

Derek.
I'm doing the same thing on mine. Maplins have the right size bulbs and in different colours. Fiddly bit is getting the bulb wire wrapped around the plastic holder. If you've got big fingers it could be tricky though.

ubdai

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
cn someone post pics as they go along please? My headlamp adjustment, bright and washer bulbs all gone, as have ones inside A/C button, temp dial and direction control in heater module!!!!

I remember reading a how to on teh heater module removal but not he bulb replacement... where's that pesky search function when you need it...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts