Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leather is from Katzkin. It is installed by a local installer that is associated with the dealer. Everything is handled by the dealer. I don't know much about the detail. I got a lot of compliments regarding the color match.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't want to be contrary, but for a little bit more of than the 2 grand you spent on the seats you could have upgraded to a touring and gotten leather plus other upgrades

·
Registered
27 Posts
Michael's Subaru is doing that? I've seen other local Subaru dealers (Carter) doing off roadish mods to some new Foresters.

Just an FYI - Michaels and other local dealers are using a certified installer in Renton, who charges much less if you go through them directly.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't want to be contrary, but for a little bit more of than the 2 grand you spent on the seats you could have upgraded to a touring and gotten leather plus other upgrades
That's the part I didn't understand personally.
You get the Leather- though not custom color.
SRH
8'' inch screen
Dual Zone climate control
Bliss / Cross Traffic

In my area I was quoted $1500 installed for custom. The Katzkin kit in our Legacy has been great. Only recently found a tear in it after 8 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
@OriginalTwoTone Yeah, was thinking the same thing but my wife’s 18 Forester Premium (with EyeSight) was a dealer loaner car that was so well priced that we will still be coming out ahead when we spend the money to do the Katzkin.

Although, in all honesty - I would like Dual Climate in her car...my 18 Legacy has it and it is very nice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
@OriginalTwoTone Yeah, was thinking the same thing but my wife’s 18 Forester Premium (with EyeSight) was a dealer loaner car that was so well priced that we will still be coming out ahead when we spend the money to do the Katzkin.

Although, in all honesty - I would like Dual Climate in her car...my 18 Legacy has it and it is very nice.
Premium is a different story, there's a $4100 difference there. Also if you go with the stock Katzkin- around here it's only $1100 installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
OriginalTwoTone
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing