Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
524 Posts
Wow, Could you add a shot of the back seat? How are the door inserts attached?

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester Touring CVT
81 Posts
Looks great. Do you know if the dealer used a local company or is it one of the national leather installers?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leather is from Katzkin. It is installed by a local installer that is associated with the dealer. Everything is handled by the dealer. I don't know much about the detail. I got a lot of compliments regarding the color match.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't want to be contrary, but for a little bit more of than the 2 grand you spent on the seats you could have upgraded to a touring and gotten leather plus other upgrades

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 Premium
27 Posts
Michael's Subaru is doing that? I've seen other local Subaru dealers (Carter) doing off roadish mods to some new Foresters.

Just an FYI - Michaels and other local dealers are using a certified installer in Renton, who charges much less if you go through them directly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't want to be contrary, but for a little bit more of than the 2 grand you spent on the seats you could have upgraded to a touring and gotten leather plus other upgrades
That's the part I didn't understand personally.
You get the Leather- though not custom color.
SRH
8'' inch screen
Dual Zone climate control
Bliss / Cross Traffic

In my area I was quoted $1500 installed for custom. The Katzkin kit in our Legacy has been great. Only recently found a tear in it after 8 years.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 Premium
27 Posts
@OriginalTwoTone Yeah, was thinking the same thing but my wife’s 18 Forester Premium (with EyeSight) was a dealer loaner car that was so well priced that we will still be coming out ahead when we spend the money to do the Katzkin.

Although, in all honesty - I would like Dual Climate in her car...my 18 Legacy has it and it is very nice.

·
Registered
352 Posts
@OriginalTwoTone Yeah, was thinking the same thing but my wife’s 18 Forester Premium (with EyeSight) was a dealer loaner car that was so well priced that we will still be coming out ahead when we spend the money to do the Katzkin.

Although, in all honesty - I would like Dual Climate in her car...my 18 Legacy has it and it is very nice.
Premium is a different story, there's a $4100 difference there. Also if you go with the stock Katzkin- around here it's only $1100 installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts