Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Danohh's 06 FXT MT Journal (Lots of Pics!!)

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a page now that I have some of my mods installed. Since the install I've had the opportunity to take a few photos, so...what better place to whore out my photos than my own journal page!

Purchased Nov 09 with 38k

I didnt get pics of all the stuff I've done, but here's the total list to date in order of purchase:

Exterior/Interior
- All weather mats
- Yakima ski/board racks
- H1 6000k HID kit
- H3 3000k HID kit (for the fog lights)
- Red tail lights
- Innovate LC-1 Wideband and guage (not installed yet)
- Subaru optional double din mount (for the top of the dash board) also not installed yet.
- 3/23/11 Forester Sport Grill

Wheels/Tires
- New 18x8.5 linea corsa lemans wheel set
- blue forged aluminum work lugnuts
- STI center cap stickers (from vendor on Nasioc)
- (4) 245/40/18 Flaken azenis Rt-615's

Suspension / Drivetrain / Brakes
- New Swift springs on stock struts
- Kartboy SF bolts (thanks NickFury and Wyatt for help with the install)
- 4/30/2011 - 20mm STI rear Sway bar and mounts, KB rear Endlinks
- 10/15/2011 - New WRX red 4 pots (Front) H6 conversion (Rear) Hawk HPS pads, Centric Rotors
- 4/11/2011 - Used 04'STI Steering rack (80k, mi), Whiteline rack bushings, new subaru inner/outer tierods (BEST MOD EVARRR)

Powah Mods 6/19/2010 262WHP / 289 WTQ
- Used STI TMIC and Samco Y pipe
- Used Vf43
- New Walbro 255lph fuel pump
- Used Maddad Catted belmouth DP
- Grimspeed Exhaust gasket kit
- Bosal 3" STI exhaust
- Exhaust welded in 3" flat flange and 3" flex section, and modified rear section
- New NGK Iridiums (1 range colder)
- New grimspeed EBCS
- Full open source tune by [email protected] at "wickid innovation" 6/19/2010
AFTER 6/19/2010
- New Process West Splitter

Thanks for looking...

Just got her home late Nov, washed, clayed, waxed:

Threw on some snows and junky 17" winter wheels and enjoyed the car over the winter months:

Over the winter I started building my parts pile with the hopes of getting her up to STI power levels. My goals were and are to have a reliable daily driver that can perform duty for all four seasons that is still fun to drive. I think its going according to plan so far :icon_razz:

Some photos of parts before the spring time install sessions:

VF 43 with 7k miles on it. (Thanks Frederix!) (Yes I did a photoshoot with my new turbo :bananapowerslide:)

STI TMIC (Thanks TRO8!)

New Swifts:

Some other misc mod shots:

more pics coming...

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First thing I installed when the winter weather broke was the springs and the fuel pump.

Here's a before and after with the swifts:

VF43 on the left, taken during my epic driveway install day!

Spare Parts?

iphone pic of my Bosal CBE, pre-install, this needed a lot of tweaking to fit properly. I would recommend to anyone without an exhaust, BUY A FORESTER SPEC FITMENT EXHAUST. It's way easier.

Here are some of the mods needed to get the exhaust to fit the way I wanted. Thanks to wicked innovation for fixing what the first (will remain nameless) well known RI exhaust shop was too lazy to do correctly.

2 problems, This first photo (which is post fix) The bend under the diff was WAY too low, and didnt have enough clearance.
Tom at wicked re-engineered the rear muffler pipe to give me a perfect fit. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of what it looked like before the fix, but it looked stupidly low at the bend.

There were two sections Tom welded in to fix the bend and make it fit better.

Close up of Tom's sweet welds:

The muffler also sat too close to the bumper, So these hangers also needed to be tweaked.

At the other end where the mid pipe mates to the DP, there was a donut gasket type flange that didn't mate to the 3" flat flange of the maddad DP, it was also a bottle neck, so it was cut off and a 3" flat flange welded in its place. To avoid welds breaking etc, I also had the shop weld in a 3" flex section, which should help the exhaust last longer.

Once again, huge pain, but in the end I got the nice mellow sound I wanted and a nice free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And One final post reserved for the fancy photos.

For those that don't know me (most of you) I'm and avid photography fanatic.
I love viewing and taking photos, it has been a passion of mine over the past 10 years or so and will continue to be.

My site
I can also be stalked on flickr (see my sig)

Shot this right after the wheel/tire install, installed the turbo/etc on the following weekend. And I took the stupid rubber thingy's off the bumpers with a heat gun.

Pics with all of the stuff in the first post installed as of 5/28/10

After a fresh detail with full clay bar treatment and 3 stage wax/polish/sealer (October 2010)

On the dyno at EFI (Tuned by [email protected] at WI):

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome pics, they just need more Canon! :chair:

seriously though, nice pics :). Win on the wheels :rock:

how's the Subframe bolts?

Haha Thanks, I'm too vested in Nikon gear to jump ship now. Although that 5dmkii is quite baller.

beantown said:
Great job with the foz. Will you be at the WBM?
Thanks and YES! I bought my tix just the other day actually.

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i love your car!!! the wheels and the color are such a classy combo. If you can find someone with an 03-05 your should try a taillight swap. I think the reds would look amazing

Thanks! I've actually been on the hunt for red tails since I saw them on beantown's FXT. If you see a set, give me a heads up!

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,160 Posts
i love your car!!! the wheels and the color are such a classy combo. If you can find someone with an 03-05 your should try a taillight swap. I think the reds would look amazing
x2. The red tails look great on blue Foresters. I had some on my Newport Blue Pearl '07 X.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
love the wheels! I saw it in the parking lot at WBM, but didn't know it was yours :) And of course the photos are stellar.

ps - PM me pricing on the photos you took of Dragonslayer - I'd like to purchase.

·
Registered
06 FXT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
love the wheels! I saw it in the parking lot at WBM, but didn't know it was yours :) And of course the photos are stellar.

ps - PM me pricing on the photos you took of Dragonslayer - I'd like to purchase.

It was good to meet you Dale, I think its been said a million times since WBM, but that is one hell of a forester you built there! Impressive.

I won the 150$ Moore performance door prize, you and Ryan need to mock up the FXT catback so I have something to spend it on!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts