1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my Forester build!

Follow me on Instagram @kota_brz

The foz has changed alot since last year so i plan on getting this updated finally

Current Picture

Mods

Engine:
VF39
STi TMIC
Grimmspeed EBCS
Invidia Catless Downpipe
FIC 900cc Injectors
GFB BOV
Mishimoto hoses
Mishimoto Radiator

Suspension/Brakes:
Airlift V2 Performance Series
STi Front LCA's
Whiteline Subframe lockdown bolts

Exterior:
STi Scoop
Work Seeker FX 18x9.5 +30
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 215/40/18
JDM STi Forester rear bumper
Chargespeed replica STi front lip
'07 sports front end
Retrofit headlights
Plasti-Dipped grill
Plasti-Dipped roof rails

Interior:
BNA Solutions Gauge Pod
Alpine head unit
Custom air setup in trunk
Hardwood floor

This is the car right after i got it home

And here are the Gorilla mud flaps from the back.

More to come soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 FXT(STI) 6MT DCCD
266 Posts
Keep up man!
Soon u will not going to be "standard"....believe me... ;-)

Ted

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nexus 7 Head Unit

Here is a little info on my radio, hope you guys like it

The factory radio isn't really the greatest radio around, it does have some nice features like the cd changer for example. But I have really moved away from cd's since itunes and most of my music is digital which creates a problem for me with the stock radio. I thought about getting one of those cords that plugs into the back of the radio and I can plug my phone in but i didn't want to take my phone out and plug it in every time i got in the car. I looked at aftermarket head units but the single din ones aren't really an upgrade and then you have empty space above or below it. And the double din touchscreens are way too expensive for what you get.

So i came across a tablet installed in a car one day and that was it, I had to have it. I chose to use the Nexus 7 because of its price, flexibility and size. I picked one up for about $170, much cheaper than an aftermarket touchscreen. Now i have the tablet and no way to get sound to the speakers, so I need an amp. I got the Clarion XC1410 because of how small it was. I mounted the amp behind where the factory radio was. Here is what it looks like, it is a little messy with all the wires.

To get sound to the amp from the tablet i could have just ran a cable from the headphone jack to the rca cables on the amp but the Nexus 7 seems to have an issue where if its charging, you get a horrible noise through the headphone jack. I tried a ground loop isolator and that didn't work. I ended up going with a Kinivo BTC450 bluetooth adapter. The tablet connects to it automatically and works great although i get some noise on startup, but none when the music is playing. Now to the tablet, It's rooted and running Timur's Kernal with CyanogenMod. The tablet turns on when the car is started and the music player comes up. When the car turns off the tablet goes into a deep sleep that turns almost everything off. It can last for probably 2 weeks in this state. Here is the finished install.

I tried to cover everything, if you have any questions just ask, thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Bluetooth adapter plugs into a 12v plug I have behind the dash and that has a USB port on it so the tablet plugs into that so when I turn the car on and off that's what turns the tablet on and off and it charges anytime it's on up to 100%. With the deep sleep it loses maybe 1% charge overnight even in 0 degree weather and usually fully charges within a minute of turning the car on.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Power Update

Its been awhile but i have a pretty good update on the FXT!

I finally got some rims and tires for it, Rota Gravel 18x8.5 on Bridgestone Potenza tires

Then I got some ISC coilovers to get lower, these are really great coilovers. Here's how it looks with a moderate drop

Now for the good stuff, I wanted more power so I got a bigger turbo and switched to E-85. It really changed the car and im really happy with it, the car is tuned by Graham at Boosted Performance Tuning.

Before Engine pic

After

·
Registered
2005 Forester 5 MT
147 Posts
Great looking FXT! Also nice job on the Nexus 7 install; I put mine in the dash gauge pod enclosure. I've really enjoyed the extra features it brings to the car and the fact that it works flawless under Timur's Kernel.

·
Registered
08 Forester X Sports auto
31 Posts
When you get bored with your XT, I will trade you my 08 NA Sports? I will even come to you! Or maybe we could get Deery to transfer between stores. I am about a mile from the Des Moines Deery. GK but not really!

Sweet car!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking FXT! Also nice job on the Nexus 7 install; I put mine in the dash gauge pod enclosure. I've really enjoyed the extra features it brings to the car and the fact that it works flawless under Timur's Kernel.
Thanks! Ya I originally had it in the upper dash pod but I ended up getting a gauge pod for my cubby so I moved it down to the radio location. It was really great having all the functions of a tablet but I decided I wanted to be able to play music from my phone so I switched back to a normal head unit. It's awesome that you did the tablet radio too!

When you get bored with your XT, I will trade you my 08 NA Sports? I will even come to you! Or maybe we could get Deery to transfer between stores. I am about a mile from the Des Moines Deery. GK but not really!

Sweet car!
I don't think I could get bored with it, I'll trade you front bumpers, I've been wanting a sports bumper lol

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
2016 update

Finally back on this forum! I have a lot of new content to post so im going to start with the oldest stuff and eventually get to where the car is now

Winter 2014 setup

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Headlight retrofits

The light output of the stock halogens leaves alot to be desired so i decided to do a retrofit on my headlights. I used Mirimoto mini 7.0 projectors, gatling shrouds, rgb demon eyes and switchback led strips for DRL's and the turn signals

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XTi JDM V7 6-Speed
480 Posts
The light output of the stock halogens leaves alot to be desired so i decided to do a retrofit on my headlights. I used Mirimoto mini 7.0 projectors, gatling shrouds, rgb demon eyes and switchback led strips for DRL's and the turn signals

Awesome! Which LED switchback strip did you end up using?

Also, did you get a bi-xenon harness for your projectors? If so, which harness was it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts