Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you get for the dad who has everything, travels for work all the time, and doesn't have much time to play with his car? What if you don't have much money? What if you can detail cars? :banana:

He's out of town until tomorrow night (his birthday) so I got up bright and early this morning, and gave it a bath. The above pic was after getting it dried off. On to the engine! Didn't need much, just a little dusting and touching up.

No real 'during' comparison shots, but it was just a basic clay, light polish, and wax. Used Griot's "Best of Show" wax (not very durable, but it shines beautifully), since this thing is a weekend ride, and never sees rain. Worked by hand with the polish, and applied the wax with a little buffer. Removed by hand, then wiped over with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer. Tires got some 303, and wheels got a coat of Meg's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax to keep the ridiculous amount of brake dust at bay. Wiped the interior down with Meg's Quick Interior detailer and hit the glass with Griots Glass cleaner. Then I vacuumed the carpet, and gave the leather a little love with BMW leather conditioner.

Coming soon? New, fatter rubber, and a Rogue Engineering stainless axleback set.

Anywho. The after pics... I think he'll like it.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
Real nice job. The car turned out nice and clean. Those are really nice cars, my buddy had an older one, went for a ride in it once, never again. Only time I had ever gone that fast was on a plane.
Have a nice looking view of the water across the street also.

Dave

·
Registered
2002 S
71 Posts
Very nice M Coupe! I love black cars, especially when detailed properly, they just have this deep shine to it. Nice job, I'm sure your dad would love it!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Looks great Zach! I had already saw the FB version, very nice.
Now when is it that you were coming to visit and detail the Foz for me? :cool:

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Real nice job. The car turned out nice and clean. Those are really nice cars, my buddy had an older one, went for a ride in it once, never again. Only time I had ever gone that fast was on a plane.
Have a nice looking view of the water across the street also.

Dave
:lol: The electronic speed limiter ruins the fun at 155 (or so I hear... :huh:)! It's a fun car at any speed, I must say. I may inherit it some day.

The view is nice as well... Probably the nicest housing we've ever lived in. The Marines are always across the water shooting and blowing things up, too. :Banane36:

Great gift! Beeeeeee-U-tee-full job!

Very nice detailing job! :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
Very nice M Coupe! I love black cars, especially when detailed properly, they just have this deep shine to it. Nice job, I'm sure your dad would love it!
Thanks guys! He'll be back tomorrow night for his birthday party. It goes in for window tint on Thursday.

Looks great Zach! I had already saw the FB version, very nice.
Now when is it that you were coming to visit and detail the Foz for me? :cool:
I do need to do that cross-country SF.org member detail tour... lol. Maybe I can get Patrick to go with me. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Zach I love the view from your front yard... the combination of the water through the trees and grass just looks awesome if you ask me.
My favourite thing about lakefront property in NC and SC. The southern pines finish off the view perfectly!

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's an awesome view. For a little bit my car was parked on the grass in front of the house. It was a perfect view from my bedroom window. Subbie, trees, and water in the background. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol!

The Class of 2010 SF.org detail tour! :lol: Fund our cross country detailing trip, and all proceeds will go towards college tuition! :p

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
LOL...I am not sure about the limiter, we got up to 140+ and still pulling. I never looked down at the speedo after that, too busy watching my life flash before my eyes. I was more amused than scared but the margin was pretty close.

Still think that your view is even better now with things being shot and blown up. The light show at night must be awesome.
I have always lived close to some type of water(little brooks, a lagoon and the Island of Manhattan), I don't know if I could be "land locked".

Dave

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
^That's cool too! :p

LOL. Supposedly it will pull much higher than 155 if the limiter is disabled. I know on stock cars like this one cars that the 155 limit is a fuel cut, sort of like a rev limiter.

The light show can be cool! We've got lots of helos and Osprays that fly around at 2am with no lights on (night vision) and Marines on the ground fire off illumination flares sometimes. Pretty interesting.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Ospreys at night.. hmmm..

They can't even fly it right in the daytime. Cross your fingers they don't try switching thrust vector while over your house! :lol:

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Hey, I gotta say, it's INCREDIBLE to watch. So smooth. One second, vertical, next second, they're horizontal and cooking. They do switch over the house sometimes, and the rotor slap shakes the place for a couple seconds as they transition. They've also got CH-53's, AH-1's, , and whatever the Marine version of the Blackhawk is. :lol:

Probably the most fun to watch is the CH-53's though. Big, old... beasts. lol They'll come in over the water in front of the house at 100+kts, and then break left over NewRiver MCAS. I didn't realize those things could turn like that. O.O

Anywho, aircraft aside, I need to go out and dust off dad's car, and wash mine! Gotta run a couple more errands to get birthday stuff as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts