Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my mechanic today and he notified me that he was able to get one of the cylinder heads rebuilt, but the other would need to be replaced. I am looking for a Drivers Side Cylinder Head for a 2004 Subaru Forester XT, 2.5l Turbo. He said the head has to say B 25 on it, whatever that means. If you have one you are willing to depart with, let me know and we can see if we can work something out.

Thanks in Advance!

-Joe

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think this is posted in the wrong section. It should probably be in Parts Wanted. If this could be moved it would be great.

Thanks and sorry about the mishap!

-Joe

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Bump*

Hate doing this, but I need a one of these cylinder heads ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been without my Forester for almost 2 months!

-Joe

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
B25 refers to casting marking.

So, the short block is fine, but the head isn't? What happened?

I'm going to suggest that you find a used motor that is in good, known running condition to drop in. At least a fresher longblock. Coming up with just one head is going to be tough. Be looking for 04 STi longblocks as they are the same. I imagine a long block out of any MY04-07 2.5L turbo will work, whether it be a EJ255 or EJ257...

I certainly wouldn't pay this much for a torn down motor with some damage, but this is the sort of thing I would be looking for...
04 05 06 07 Subaru Impreza STI EJ257 Engine Motor 43K : eBay Motors (item 250463410362 end time Apr-08-10 11:51:19 PDT)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies. I haven't really been keeping people updated, but here is the full story.

I had a bearing go on my engine about 2 months ago, I brought my car in to my local technician and he said he was going to get a rebuilt engine for it. We ordered one and the company ended up sending us the SOHC even after my tech gave him the VIN of my car, crazy I know. So my tech bought a Subaru block from Subaru like he did with his vehicle. He then was going to get rebuilt heads from Clearwater Heads in Florida. They ended up not having any so we sent mine down there. One of the heads was able to be rebuilt, the other head was not so good. So that's how I got into the predicament I am in now.

Any other help/info would be great, thanks all!

-Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts