Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We own a 2015 Forester XT, with the automatic CVT Transmission. The vehicle has about 38,000 miles on it, and very recently, it developed a leak from the CVT transmission pan. We can clearly see little orange drops hanging off under the pan.

So we took it to our local dealer, and the dealer informed us that the warranty on the CVT has been extended by 70,000 miles or something like that (awesome). They removed the pan, re-sealed it, and refilled it with this part number: SOA635049 - LINEARTONIC CVTF Per the paperwork, I believe they used 7 units at 1 QT per unit.

My question is... I checked the "Fluids" section of a dealer online parts lookup for this car, and the part number given there was a " SOA748V0200 - CVT ATF High Torque ".

We asked the dealer, and they said that they assigned the fluid per the VIN number... But I am not totally convinced.

Is there enthusiast/Subaru-technician here on the forums that can confirm whether the dealer used the correct fluid here? Should I be calling Subaru of America?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
If they used the HTCVT fluid it is correct but the pan was not leaking. The leak is coming from the CVT pump seal and requires the removal of the CVT for proper repair. Yes contact SOA.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i Base CVT
42 Posts
Hello Everyone,

We own a 2015 Forester XT, with the automatic CVT Transmission. The vehicle has about 38,000 miles on it, and very recently, it developed a leak from the CVT transmission pan. We can clearly see little orange drops hanging off under the pan.

So we took it to our local dealer, and the dealer informed us that the warranty on the CVT has been extended by 70,000 miles or something like that (awesome). They removed the pan, re-sealed it, and refilled it with this part number: SOA635049 - LINEARTONIC CVTF Per the paperwork, I believe they used 7 units at 1 QT per unit.

My question is... I checked the "Fluids" section of a dealer online parts lookup for this car, and the part number given there was a " SOA748V0200 - CVT ATF High Torque ".

We asked the dealer, and they said that they assigned the fluid per the VIN number... But I am not totally convinced.

Is there enthusiast/Subaru-technician here on the forums that can confirm whether the dealer used the correct fluid here? Should I be calling Subaru of America?

Thank you!
It appears the SOA635049 and SOA748V0200 are identical CVT fluids appropriate for 2014+ Forester XT. The SOA635049 code is used for warranty/repairs for dealer/SOA coding purposes and SOA748V0200 code is for retail sales. See attached and linked below revised Bulletin No. 01-167-08R, line item "Subaru High Torque CVTF".
https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/121353/134965-011617

Like KLEMMER said - keep your eye on the transmission as CVT pan leaks are not common and chance of leak coming from other spot is high.

Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts