Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 5 MT
Joined
·
522 Posts
They probably didn't clean off the slung grease on to the Catalytic converter (likely exhaust part behind engine). Either wait for it to burn off or take it to a spray car wash and blast it with some soap and rinse. Keep the engine running while you do this to make sure you don't get stranded in the car wash!
 

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 5 MT
Joined
·
522 Posts
Cats get real hot and will burn anything on it. I doubt the cat would smoke unless there is oil/grease on it. IIRC the cat has a cover and maybe some grease/oil got trapped inside and may take a while to burn off
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top