Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr. Anyone removed a front nearside driveshaft before? I can't get the driveshaft out of the hub. I tried hammering it and I also have a hub puller which I used to try to force the driveshaft out of the hub. Nothing seems to shift it. Am I missing something here?

I followed a guide on Imprezasport.net. Says the driveshaft should come out eaisly. Not in my experience. Is the Impreza different to the Forester in this area? I would post the link to the article I was following but stupid board rules don't allow me to post a link until my post count is above 15.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
Grrr. Anyone removed a front nearside driveshaft before? I can't get the driveshaft out of the hub. I tried hammering it and I also have a hub puller which I used to try to force the driveshaft out of the hub. Nothing seems to shift it. Am I missing something here?

I followed a guide on Imprezasport.net. Says the driveshaft should come out eaisly. Not in my experience. Is the Impreza different to the Forester in this area? I would post the link to the article I was following but stupid board rules don't allow me to post a link until my post count is above 15.
Have you removed the hub from the lower control arm? If you have, and you hammer on the drive shaft end, it should pop out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you suggesting I remove the whole hub with the driveshaft still connected, take it to the bench and then beat the shaft out of it with the hub clamped in the vice? Or just do it on the car?

I didn't really want to take the hub off the car as that means splitting the lower ball joint and those can be real pigs to get off. If I damage the rubber on the ball-joint then I'll need to replace that as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts