Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Cruise control stoped working, any ideas why?? is it a fuse, relay or other. It did work fine a month ago. If it is a fuse or relay were is it. (I would check my self but its cold outside and I'm lazy :p ) its a 2002 S sport 2.5 n/a

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Does the switch lightup when the Cruise Control switch is pushed?
If not I would start by checking fuses 16 and 18. After that my next checks would include the brakelight switch (and clutch switch if a manual). Then the cruise switch and switch on steering wheel (also could be the 'rolled coil' or clockspring). Also check the vacuum line to the actuator under the hood as well as the cable from the actuator to the throttle lever. And ANY connectors, cables or components in between.

Next would be the main components, the actuator assy itself, or the cruise control module.

G

·
There's a light? I guess I need to fix that too.

My cruise is very hard to set. I think the main switch is bad. I can't cancel it there and it sometimes takes a minute of wiggling the switch to finally get it to set. I don't travel much, so its never bothered me enough to fix. I might just call around to the junk yards to find out how much a replacement switch would be. I haven't looked at the manual to see what's involved in replacing. I doubt much.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Can you turn on the system (hit button and the cruise indicator comes on) but cannot accelerate, set etc....??? If so it is probably your roll connector. Common enough. The other tell-tale sign is when your horn stops blowing ;)

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. Question: is the cuise contro switch supposed to stay "down" when pushed, or is it correct that it goes back to the original position?
The switch returns to its original position (does not stay down), but there is an amber light on it that should illuminate when the CC is turned on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts