Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
8,123 Posts
No plans for anymore mods just yet. The suspension does interest me as the STi stuff isn't as expensive as I'd thought. I just worry that I'll loose some ground clearance in the snow....
Mine is lowered and I don't have any issues. If the snow is super deep, an inch drop isn't going to matter:icon_wink:

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports AT.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You know.. I never really saw Foresters in the big cities. Well, a few in Kyoto, but they were mostly the rugged style we have here in the US and most of the drivers were female. I did see quite a few, however, while passing the countryside on the shinkansen. It seems like the Forester is more popular in Japan with the non city folk eh?
In the countryside where I live, the Legacy is king!!!
Of course you see a lot of the small white pick-ups that the old guys drive but I'm not counting them. It goes something like this :

1) Legacy
2) Impreza
3) Forester
4) Outback

(You can probably swap 1 and 2 around in the cities)

I usually see a few foresters every day but very few Cross Sports and STi's.
But as I said, Legacy's are everywhere...

Last week I had an engine warning light come on. It turned out to be an O2 sensor... I dropped it off last Wednesday morning for it to be replaced. When I went to pick it up later that day, I was very surprised to see 2 SF STi's in the garage with it. They told me the white one was a limited/numbered edition and the gunmetal one had a broken fuel pump.... A nice pair of rare cars, even here in Japan.

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports AT.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Mine is lowered and I don't have any issues. If the snow is super deep, an inch drop isn't going to matter:icon_wink:
Thanks, that's good to know. I was kind of thinking the same thing. But its good to hear it from someone that's done it:icon_biggrin: It would be nice to have it done before the winter arrives so I can enjoy it on the nice dry roads:icon_wink: Time to start saving again!!!

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
963 Posts
In the countryside where I live, the Legacy is king!!!
Of course you see a lot of the small white pick-ups that the old guys drive but I'm not counting them. It goes something like this :

1) Legacy
2) Impreza
3) Forester
4) Outback

(You can probably swap 1 and 2 around in the cities)

I usually see a few foresters every day but very few Cross Sports and STi's.
But as I said, Legacy's are everywhere...
Same in Sapporo. I guess when you live in a city that snows 250 inches a year, you see a lot of AWD/4WD cars, including integras, corollas, and sentras, oh my!

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports AT.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I left the car at the garage for a few things to be done on Thursday.
Here is one of them... STi mud flaps:icon_biggrin:

I'd spent 10 hours last year claying, polishing and waxing mainly because of the tiny rust spots that appeared all down the sides. I think they were from tiny shards of steel that came of snow chains and eventually got on the car. The same things started to happen again this year so I decided to get some mud flaps.

The standard Subaru flaps won't fit on a Cross Sports. You can only use the aero parts. I knew the STi's would fit but they are really expensive even over here so when I found these I was really pleased:woohoo:

They are identical to the genuine STi's in every way. Made from 3mm EVA and using the same aluminum mounting brackets, rust-proof clips and fixings. No cheap plastic screws or clips!!!

But best of all though was the price.... The set of four only cost slightly more than a PAIR of genuine STi's. As you can imagine, I'm very happy with them:icon_biggrin:

If anyone wants a set, you know what to do:icon_wink:

Enjoy the pics,

Steve

No difference to these genuine ones!!!

Front before

Front after:icon_biggrin:

Rear before

Rear after:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports AT.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Here are a few of the other things I have added over the last few months:

Genuine neoprene cargo liner. It goes up the the back of the rear seats so when they are down the whole of back is covered. Perfect for snowboarding and surfing!!!

A new thermal blanket for the engine bay as the old one was falling apart.

Before

After

An STi hazard warning light:icon_cool:

A Carrozzeria (Pioneer) HU with a single din storage box.

And finally a Carrozzeria under seat subwoofer

I noticed last week that the pink Sti springs are very cheap so a slight lowering will be next on the list:icon_biggrin:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.