Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to buy a Blue Ray Player on line Sunday.

The message flashed up, "For security reasons we can only deliver to the Cardholders address."

A pain as we are out at work all day & live in the sticks with the chance of a neighbour signing for it slim.

So we pay for a PO Box in the Mail Royal Mail Sorting Office so we can pick it up at OUR convenience.

On the basis, it would have to be delivered to our home address, i proceeded.

When it came to paying, it asked me if I wanted to nominate an alternative Address?

Bargain, I entered our PO Box details.

We came home a couple of hours later, to find an e mail asking us to ring a Security Number.

This we did, and spoke to a "Helpful" Lady from Indonesia I beleive??

The bottom line was, we couldn't understand each other & after 20 minutes I gave up.

I then got an e mail to say the item was a successful purchase.

Tonight I rang the Credit Card Company to see if it had gone through & it had not.

I logged on to the Web Site tonight to find a RED "CREDIT ACCOUNT REFUSED." On the Account details.

Sorry about the long winded explanation, QUESTION, " Will this show up in a detrimental way on my CC History as a black mark having had the Account declined???

Cheers for reading this.

Confused MaC>>>>:huh::huh::huh:

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
That shouldn't hurt your score from my understanding. I know for my CC, any purchase of greater than 100$ needs to goto the CC address. The only way to get around it is go directly to my bank to authorize an alternate delivery address for the CC. Happened to me a couple of times when I was out of town :icon_frown:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Shouldn't harm you as it sounds like your credit card company declined the transaction on your behalf...most likely as they thought it was a potential fraud !!

Most online purchases need to go the the credit card holder's address as this reduces online credit card fraud dramatically for the supplier.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Yup, won't go near your credit rating, simply a squabble between the CC company and your supplier.

Simon

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
definately not on your credit report. Some sellers now cannot send to alternative addresses as the agreement with their credit card processing company prevents them from doing this to prevent fraud. This is why some online shops offer multiple ways to pay, visa, google checkout, paypal.

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
I do quite a lot of online purchasing and it's my experience that nearly all companies need the first purchase made to be delivered to the cardholders registered address to confirm that it's not fraudulent. Subsequent purchases should then be OK for delivery to an alternate address, i.e., work.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,984 Posts
Indonesia is credit card fruad central that's probably why. Not helped by the fact that if you use a cash machine there it prints your card number on the reciept in full as well as your name and people just discard them everywhere. The guy that empties the waste bucket in the cash machine kiosks must be a millionaire.

Also if you buy something with a chip and pin card it prints your number on the copy of the reciept that the shop keeps. When I take it off them and scribble the number out with a pen they tend to look sheepish.....:icon_redface:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
658 Posts
You could make the Box your mailing address for that one credit card, then use just that one for online type purchases.

Here a lot of rural people only have a box, and no problems.

S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts