Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY14 forester around 19k miles.
It began about 10 months ago, and it was 12k miles that time.
I tried several maintenance shops and dealers they cannot resolve this issue.
When car goes bump road or uneven such as left wheel lower or rear wheel goes up, the cracking noise comes out.
I removed all trims and it still exists.
A technician told me that it might be weld splash cause sticky between metals.
I read about some TSB and found one TSB, 12-204-16R might be same scenario as mine but mine is B pillar.
But B pillar has limited peeking hole makes me can't reach any weld spot for cleaning weld area.
So, is greasing a best solution of this situation?
Here's video of mine car during driving.
youtu.be/8EGtsGcvulw

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Start with the easiest first. Grease all the door latch strikers, including the rear hatch. Then go from there. Ii have been chasing a rattle like dish plates in the sink since new, have yet to find it. Of course its intermittent as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE

By greasing the weld spot area and cleaning weld splash around on B pillar, plus some hammer work.
It had been solved and it was quiet as a new car during my driving to work this morning.
if it will not happen after a week, i will update here and call it "ISSUE CLOSED".

·
Registered
547 Posts
OP, can you please reply with a fix? This is an extremely common problem on the fourth gen Foresters and you may have actually figured out a solution that could help a lot of people. My wife's car is experiencing this noise as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ryan_calif
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing