Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT PP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's a question for all of you:

I have had a creak recently develop that sounds like it is coming from around the base of the shifter. It is most pronounced when getting on and off the throttle while in 1st (particularly if I am intentionally doing this in a less than smooth manner), but also is beginning to rear its head when shifting from 1-2, and occasionally now is doing it even with the clutch depressed and coming to a stop. It will also sometimes make the noise when shifting at a standstill (with the clutch depressed, duh). The sound is also worse when it's very cold outside. My dealer hasn't been much help, but I'm not convinced that this is just an annoying sound and not something that will worsen over time. I don't think it's coming from the linkage as I don't need to be shifting for it to occur. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT PP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, definitely not that. I've already driven around with the top cover and even the rubber boot removed and it's still there. The sound also seems to disappear if the undercarriage is REALLY wet, which leads me to think that it's something accessible from below.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts