Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03X MT
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so.......Only when warmed up I get a creaking feeling/noise in the bottom 3rd of the clutch pedal as it depressed.

I've greased every piece of linkage I can find. Forward of the brake fluid res I've greased the linkage near the hill holder hardware. Also under the air box on top of the tranny is a plunger type device that I've greased.

Perfectly smooth and quiet heading out to work in the morning. Somewhere during the commute I notice the resistance at the bottom of the pedal, after parking in the quiet parking lot I'm back to full on creaking/binding.

Something is wearing out and sometime something is going to break. Anybody have a clue??

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
Well, you are 1/2 way there. BOTH ends of the slave plunger need grease. You can only see the rear or external side that pushes on the release fork, and most people grease that end.

WELL there is another end to that plunger. The clutch slave piston is just that. A piston with a concave center the small steel plunger sits in. The rubber outside dust cover holds it in place.

I usually PUSH the piston all the way back to bottom it, then remove the rubber dust cover holding that plunger. Then put a small dab of grease on that end. Then reassemble it all.

Will be quiet for years after that.

·
Registered
03X MT
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank YOU ferret.

You saved my #$! on an earlier thread where you recommended replacing the NSS (neutral safety switch)

This Forum rocks.

I think back to working on cars in the 70's and 80's where I would go to the library to photo copy pages out of Chiltons.

We've come a long way baby.

Out.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
Thank YOU ferret.

You saved my #$! on an earlier thread where you recommended replacing the NSS (neutral safety switch)

This Forum rocks.

I think back to working on cars in the 70's and 80's where I would go to the library to photo copy pages out of Chiltons.

We've come a long way baby.

Out.
Back in the 60's / 70's , I was a Motor Manual guy, That's what we had in the service station I worked in.

You've come a long way baby ..... I THINK that was a line from Virginia Slims commercial...... COB WEBS .....

Glad to Help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts