Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Cptpackrat's 2005 XT

('03-'05) 
16K views 133 replies 18 participants last post by  S2-13BT 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had a long history with Subarus ever since I was a little kid. My father was a master tech in California for years and I used to visit him at the shop all the time. So when it came time to purchase my first car I looked towards Subaru. I wanted something that can haul plenty of stuff, yet be sporty and kind of a sleeper if you must.

I purchased my first Forester, it was a 2008 Sports model. After 10days of owning it I found it looking like this.

Needless to say I was not happy that day. After I jumped through hoops with the insurance company I settled on this gem.

A PSM 05 XT 4eat with about 84k on the car with full service records as well. I went to the bank and got the money and paid and drove her off the lot the same day.

Current Picture as of 06/01/13

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Completed since purchase
04 WRX KYB Excel-G/ 05 STI springs
Kartboy Subframe Bolts
Subtle 3/8" Saggy Butt spacers
Painted center console
90k Minor Service @ Jays Subaru
Kartboy Front Plate delete
Kartboy Rear Endlinks
Painted Stock Wheels DGM
OEM Radiator Replacement
Kakumei Radiator Shroud
Paranoid Rear Strut Bar
COBB Accessport VF39-93oct
Turbo-Back exhaust Tsudo bellmouth 3"
VF39
STI TMIC
Grimmspeed extra thick Up-pipe to turbo gasket
Genuine Subaru Turbo to Downpipe gasket
Kartboy Pink exhaust hangers
New Shoes and N2 fill
Torque Solutions Drive Shaft Carrier Bearing Support Bushings
COBB Turbo Heatsheild
STI RSB and Whiteline Lateral Link supports
18x8.5 245-45-18 Rota Torques and new tires
Rear fenders rolled by PTAP in Columbus GA
O2 Sensor spacer
SPT Valve stem caps
Gates Timing belt kit installed at 98284m
Tuned by Steve at Pullz-on Tuning (current)
Rallitek 4eat Trans Mount bushing "race" hardness
Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs and disable DRL mod

To Do List (Subject to change)
Kartboy front endlinks (Purchased) (rears installed)
Tint Windows
02-03 JDM Scoop
Wrap Headers and Blanket Turbo
Subtle Alt Shroud
Subtle Fender Braces
Subtle Trunk Brace
Kartboy Crank Pulley
Rally Armor Mudflaps
WRX Steering Rack w/ Whiteline Bushings
Grimmspeed Master cylinder Brace
Hella Supertones
Koyorad Radiator
Mishimoto AT cooler
Whiteline Swaybars 24front and 24rear
Perrin Catless Up-pipe (purchased)

#7 · (Edited)
Today I got the Kartboy Rear endlinks installed on the stock swaybar, took her for a spin and noticed improvement with less body roll. Install was simple enough, unbolt stock endlinks, bolt new ones in the same place.

Picture of the right endlink. Also note the kartboy subframe bolt (botox bolt) to the left :D

#8 · (Edited)
Unfortunate news. Radiator sprung a minor leak which escalated to a major leak by the time i got to the dealership. They have to order the part in over the holiday and wont have it fixed until sometime next week. In the meantime im driving a loaner 2013 Forester with about 700miles on the odo.

UPDATE: Radiator wasn't covered under my extended warranty. Limped it back home, picked up a repair kit and doing it myself. Im not willing to pay the stealership $600 to put an OEM radiator in, just looks like i will get my KOYO a little sooner

#14 ·
It was deemed to be a faulty window motor that caught fire. Im on a military installation so theft is very unlikely. The fire was enough to catch the interior on fire, burn for a while and then run out of oxygen and go out. I looked around for a good while for that 08 and I was extremely bummed, the 05 is lower miles and just as clean so I dont mind.

#13 ·
That first one looked like it was an awesome car/color and everything. I think you're one of the only forester owners on the planet to have been vandalized....lol. It's that bright blue that attracted them. The new one is invisible to the public's untrained eye. Can't wait to see the progress.

#23 ·
WOOOHOOO! I finally have no more radiator leaks of any kind. I replaced the lower radiator hose today after work and used different clamps than the stock ones and everything seems to be quite secure and happy.. Made a minor mistake of not letting the coolant cool off and pulled the lower hose while it was still hot (OUCH) didnt burn myself but it certainly wasnt pleasant. SAFTEY FIRST! wear eye protection and let your engine cool before yanking hoses.

On a side note, I have a Car show on saturday and and Auto X sunday, so we will see how everything holds.

#25 · (Edited)
I went Auto Xing yesterday. First time ever running cones and my foz suprised alot of people. .127 seconds behind a Challenger R/T in the same class which comes down to just having that slightly better line and less body roll. Everything ran smooth, no leaks, just need better tires.

And heres the video I got

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.