Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went with a friend of mine to look at a s-turbo (hes decided he wants a Foz as well)

looked fine from all the normal checks etc, but there was two things i wasnt sure one, one was that the standard immobiliser was disabled, apparently due to interference from a train station radio mast causing it to immobilise the car even with the key! the seller said he was told from the recovery guy that this is normal for foresters. is this true?

Also when the turbo spools up theres a slight juddering, only very small, but you can tell its there, only when you put your foot down from low revs. is this a sign of the MAF going? if it was the coil pack i guess the juddering would be much more noticable?

thanks in advance

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
went with a friend of mine to look at a s-turbo (hes decided he wants a Foz as well)

looked fine from all the normal checks etc, but there was two things i wasnt sure one, one was that the standard immobiliser was disabled, apparently due to interference from a train station radio mast causing it to immobilise the car even with the key! the seller said he was told from the recovery guy that this is normal for foresters. is this true?

thanks in advance
Subaru alarms (and others) around MY99/MY00 suffered from "Radio Lock out". Fixed by getting a replacement shielded Alarm ECU.

"Sigma Sam's" advice............

ScoobyNet - View Single Post - Classic Sigma alarm problem !!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts