Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Forester for less than a week and I've been more involved with DIY projects (cabin air filter clean, AC refresh, etc.) out of interest rather than need than any other car I've owned. This is my second post, figured I should say hi as I think I'll be staying a while.

I owned a '02 WRX but sold it on a challenge from family that my wife and I couldn't make it as a one car family for more than a month. I honestly can't tell you why we took the challenge, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We put the WRX up for sale (HA! made 1.5k$ more than what I bought it for 1 year earlier, no mods at all), and lasted 2.5 months. We met and beat the challenge, and I immediately went looking for another WRX...then realized I needed more space for the new baby...and the dogs. I was sold on Outbacks, kept looking all over the place and couldn't find one we liked. On a whim, checked out a Forester and picked it up after taking it for a drive. No rust, and this in the NE!! I was sold. Paid 3800$ and it's got leather, heated seats, just under a 100K miles and only very minor scratches. It had me at the "no-rust" part though.

Ever since buying it for my wife though, I keep finding excuses to go drive it. I'm not thinking about selling our Toyota 4x4 ('92) for an Outback and just being a Suby family. Who knows.

Anyways, great forum. I can see this will be my new home.

Revs.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lot's of helpful folks around here, I'm sure you'll find any help you need.
Don't miss out on joining the Washington Forester's Owners group in the Pacific Forum, you might find a fellow Forester owner closer than you think, and I'm sure somebody there will be planning a Washington meet and greet.
You can also help everyone by putting your vehicle info in your Signature, that way it will show up every time you post, hopefully speeding up model specific responses for you, don't forget using the Search feature here too, lot's of reading there. Just go into your User CP, Edit Signature, and add info like year/model/transmission and the like. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,897 Posts
Welcome! When your body finally reunites itself with your soul back in Connecticut, you will achieve true peace. Subaru, the official car of New England!

You didn't mention what year Forester you bought, but for the price I'd say that it's most probably an SF (pre-2003) model. (That would be good info to put into your signature!) Did you get maintenance records? The SFs do unfortunately have a tendency for head gasket failures, but once repaired they're pretty darn solid. And, be aware that you'll have a timing belt replacement coming up at 105k miles.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Post up a picture of your '00 Forester so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts