Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Count me in, just sealed the deal this morning on an '05 Black FXT 5MT! :drive: This is my second Forester and 4th Subie. (Wife's had 4 as well and currently has an '05 Silver FXT 4EAT.)
Took a week, but peeled another $500 off the dealer and decided to pull the trigger. May be able to pick it up tomorrow, or will have to wait until Friday!:tempertantrum

I hear black is the fastest? :spinnasmiley

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
'gratz! :grin:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Sweet. I thought Crystal Gray was the sleeper of the group.

·
Captain Obvious
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
379 Posts
1100beagle said:
Count me in, just sealed the deal this morning on an '05 Black FXT 5MT! [snip]

I hear black is the fastest?
Congratulations! Sweet, now the both of you don't have to fight over who gets to drive the fun car.

Everybody knows that silver's the fastest. Duh! :D

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the bugger home and holy cow that thing is fast! Smoothest 5MT I've driven from Subaru.
Thanks for the good wishes.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Congrats!!! Any you are 100% correct...BLACK is the FASTEST!!:devilgrin :cool: :devilgrin

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
keyser soze said:
Congrats!!! Any you are 100% correct...BLACK is the FASTEST!!:devilgrin :cool: :devilgrin
We'll see about that on the "goat trails" of Sonoma County in May... :devilgrin

:drive:

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
1100beagle said:
Got the bugger home and holy cow that thing is fast! Smoothest 5MT I've driven from Subaru.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Congrats on the new ride. Black is a good colour, but a real PITA to keep shiny. Silver & Gray is best (for lazy folks like me) when it comes to hiding dirt.

BTW, how many miles on your FXT?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Nice choice!

You're going to have a perma-smile for the next few weeks

(or like me, every day I get in my car)

:wink:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SKSTI said:
Congrats on the new ride. Black is a good colour, but a real PITA to keep shiny. Silver & Gray is best (for lazy folks like me) when it comes to hiding dirt.

BTW, how many miles on your FXT?
Not many yet, I've been having to work a bit this week, maybe 600 now. Break-in will be completed this weekend.

Yes, black is a PITA, but in the end I don't get too worked up over that. Enjoy it while it is clean and then...oh, well. Wife's FXT if silver though so I am sure she will rub it in. Las '05 in the region outfitted the way I wanted it, so black became my favorite color!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts