Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a brand new Forester owner - I picked up my new white 2014 Forester Premium yesterday. My husband has had a 2010 Forester (Blue) for 4 years now and loves it. I used to have a Honda Fit, but this winter made me realize that the Fit just may not be up to the task of taking me to work (I work in a hospital, so I have to go to work regardless of the weather). I was very worried about whether I would be able to adjust to a larger car, since all of my previous cars have been small - but the Forester feels extremely comfortable to drive and feels very natural. My husband is EXTREMELY jealous of the CVT and the rear view camera.

I look forward to reading the posts in this forum and getting to know my Forester community better.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,120 Posts
Welcome...the Subaru is definitely gonna be better in lousy weather conditions. I have an '09 Forester that will be 6 years old in April and would not choose any other vehicle if I could do it over again. My wife has an '07 Civic and I am campaigning for her to get an Impreza or CrossTrek when it's time for the Honda to go.

May you have many safe and trouble free miles in the Forester,
George

edit--I will note that my Forester's footprint is within an inch of my wife's Honda Civic, so even though the Foz feels bulky to you, it is by no means a big vehicle. And my turning circle is amazingly small, so it maneuvers better than many cars that are smaller.

·
Registered
2011 FXT 4EAT
90 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Marylander! What city do you live in? We are a two Subaru family too! My wife has a Legacy. Which hospital? My wife works at Baltimore Shock Trauma (we actually me there, me being the patient :)) and she just finished grad school for nurse practitioner

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, abn4! We're in Eldersburg (used to live in Ellicott City), and I work at Springfield Hospital Center. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
2015 XT CVT
34 Posts
Welcome, the forester is a snow machine! Just don't get over confident like a lot of folks around me did this year. It can plow through snow no prob but give yourself time to stop and slow down. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2011 FXT 4EAT
90 Posts
We are actually looking at houses in the Mt. Airy, Woodbine, Sykesville, Monrovia area. Perhaps we will see you all around! Enjoy the Foresters!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts