Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester xt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the engine air filter on a 2009 xt, and was taking a look at it today. I havent found any how to threads, and want to make sure i dont overlook anything so simple. Do i just release the clamps and unhook unhook maf?
thanks
jerry

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
'09 owner's manual instructions look pretty straightforward; check pages 11-16 (n/a motor) and -17 (turbo).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
06 Forester
115 Posts
I need to replace the engine air filter on a 2009 xt, and was taking a look at it today. I havent found any how to threads, and want to make sure i dont overlook anything so simple. Do i just release the clamps and unhook unhook maf?
thanks
jerry
I found it much easier to replace it by removing the entire filter box.
Without removing it it's pretty hard to get the top of the box closed again as the filter gets in between the top "hatch". I just remove box, reinstall the filter, close the box and put it back in.

·
Registered
2009 forester xt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found it much easier to replace it by removing the entire filter box.
Without removing it it's pretty hard to get the top of the box closed again as the filter gets in between the top "hatch". I just remove box, reinstall the filter, close the box and put it back in.[/QUOTE

I agree, i did this the other day, and there isnt alot of room to fit the filter in! Removing the entire box seems somehow easier:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.