Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forrester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coolant is low manual says use Subaru coolant.
Is there a aftermaket coolant that meets there specs and can be mixed with OEM coolant?
Thanks
Readgriff

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,803 Posts
Just for makeup anything except DexCool clones is not gonna hurt. But personally I would get the Subaru stuff and be done with it. Then you will have it for changing and also you could use it to add to other vehicles. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
Just for makeup anything except DexCool clones is not gonna hurt. But personally I would get the Subaru stuff and be done with it. Then you will have it for changing and also you could use it to add to other vehicles. Just my opinion.
If you mix in anything other than the new, blue Subaru "Super Coolant" the owners manual then advises replacing the coolant on the old regular coolant schedule for the rest of the vehicles life.

Stick with the correct stuff.

Also- most decent dealerships top up all Subaru fluids as part of the standard oil change and maint. check.

·
Registered
2009 forrester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you need to use Subaru blue super coolant.
Does anyone know a place that can order coolant on the internet.
Dealer 40 miles away nothing like having it dilivered to the door.
Thanks

·
Resident Ninja
2011 2.5X Premium Auto
919 Posts
When I was in the dealer for my HG they claimed that currently only the dealerships carry the Blue Super Coolant. Not sure if this is true, but it is new enough that this could be the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts