Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forrestor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 subie, 37 miles and noticed the last 2 times I started up the blue coolant light stays lit for a while. guess I need to get mom to bring it down to the service shop

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Yes, it's normal. It stays blue until the engine reaches full operating temperature.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
The blue "cold temperature" light in my 2009 turns off when the engine coolant temperature reaches 122 F (50 C), and normal operating temperature is in the ~185 F to 205 F range (~85 C to ~95 C).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
There's a lot of important information in that manual.

·
Registered
2010 Forrestor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well you'd also expect the dealer to tell you these things especially first time subie owners

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
For the Legacy/Outback models with SI-Drive, they refer to that light as the "S# Select Indicator Light" or something like that. The car just beeps at you if you try to select S# while that light is on.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
well you'd also expect the dealer to tell you these things especially first time subie owners
Yes, the dealer is often the last guy you want to listen to depending upon how knowledgeable they are but if you are new to the Foz, you really wouldn't know how much they know.

Definitely look into flat bed only towing and not running different sized or aged tires or running the spare tire on the vehicle without putting it into FWD mode with the fuse and also examine what may happen when taking it to a lube shop for an oil change when they fill the tranny instead of the oil or drain the tranny and overfill the oil.

This is an odd vehicle compared to the average Buick so study up and you can keep from getting burned on some of the common items or problems that people unfamiliar with a Boxer engine and Symmetrical AWD encounter, good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts