Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wahtsup yall,

i was replacing my moms headlight bulb n started to look around n check other things/fluids in the engine bay. ha my mom was running w her radiator almost bone dry :shake:. so im a going to fill it up soon and was wondering if i could get directions as to where exactly the coolant bleeder bolt is located at.

thanks

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS!!!! eehhh ha, learning a new engine setup is going to be fun...maybe...frustrating. but either way i want to learn how subi's work cuz i want a sti if i ever overcome unemployment

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
I had a bleeder screw on my 1972 Saab. It was so convenient.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester (or maintaining your mother's!).

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
Those are at the bottom, for draining. Bleed bolt would be at the top, deep into the system somewhere, to allow air pockets to escape when filling.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5 X Prem 5MT
465 Posts
Those are at the bottom, for draining. Bleed bolt would be at the top, deep into the system somewhere, to allow air pockets to escape when filling.
Can you describe where the drain plugs are? I an going to change my coolant soon, any tips would be appreciated! Does anyone know the refill capacity?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts