Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Had those on the wife's Volkswagen Beetle TDI. They wear kind of fast. Compound seems a bit soft and sidewalls felt a little on the thin/flimsy side. They only went 30,000 miles on her car, to the wear markers.

·
Super Moderator
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they are kind of soft, but they're great in a place where you're never sure when the first snow of the season is going to arrive--or the last. I've been using them on both cars for quite a while now, and I've been hit with that Subaru problem of needing to replace (and shave) just one of them on my wife's Impreza. And they seem to have been discontinued.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Thank you for the post bbottomley.

We no longer have the discontinued 205/55-16 Extreme Contact in stock. I contacted Continental to see if they had any available and they are also sold out. As you may know, the Extreme Contact has been replaced with the Extreme Contact DWS.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
These were great tires, probably my all time favorite a/s tire.

Make sure to check ebay and craigslist as they often pop us for sale used, which means you wouldn't have to shave them down, and would have a couple spares just in case.

·
Super Moderator
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've already dug very deeply into both of those sources, and am continuing to try! No luck so far in this size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts