Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

I have a 2009 Forester and am trying to decide between Continental Control Contact Tour A/S Plus and Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus for my new set of four tires.

Continental Control Contact Tour A/S Plus - Discount Tire at $634 w/install (there's a $70 rebate)
Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus - Costco at $646 w/install (there's a $150 off deal)
(costco also has the ecopia H/L 422 plus, but I've read that the EP422 is a better option?)

I'm driving a mix of city and highway, in Texas, not an aggressive driver. Occasional road trips to Colorado/NM so possibility of light snow, and occasional road trips with non-paved roads (park roads, forest roads).

Would love to hear opinions if you've driven with either/both of these. Many thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
216 Posts
Those Bridgestones are the stock tire on 2019+ Foresters with 17" wheels. I don't have them, but there's been several complaints on here about fast wear, only getting around 25K miles. Not sure if the OEM versions have less tread than the tires you'd get elsewhere, but they aren't very well rated at Tirerack.
I'm not familiar with the other tire.
Might want to wait until Costco has a sale on Michelins, the X-Tour/ Defender are a better tire. Or checkout Falken Wildpeaks if you want more off road capability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those Ecopias are crap. Poor traction in rain and terrible in snow. My daughter is replacing them this month because of how poor they were in the snow last winter (she complained about hydroplaning a lot last winter). She’s going back to the Continentals which is what she had on her last vehicle and were good in the snow. I put those Continentals on our Outback last month. Already took a trip of over 2K miles on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.