Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
320 Posts
Even though I have a XT I think they mean the entire lineup
If price in parenthesis is MSRP than you could be right, if street price than it could be XT. There's a big difference between XT and NA and I think it would be incompetent to lump them together.

PRNEWSWIRE says they tested 2.5XT

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
86 Posts
If price in parenthesis is MSRP than you could be right, if street price than it could be XT. There's a big difference between XT and NA and I think it would be incompetent to lump them together.

I thought MSRP on XT is higher then that.. more like 27.9 something.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
I think a basic no option XT premium is 28k and why shouldn't the entire lineup get credit. The NA 2.5 is a great choice!

I just read the PRNEWSWIRE article- What a joke. There is no 2.5XT limited and they go on to say the XT has a 224HP engine with a smooth 4 speed auto! Bottom line is I think they tested a 2.5 limited

·
Registered
2011 Forester I Auto
116 Posts
I think a basic no option XT premium is 28k and why shouldn't the entire lineup get credit. The NA 2.5 is a great choice!

I just read the PRNEWSWIRE article- What a joke. There is no 2.5XT limited and they go on to say the XT has a 224HP engine with a smooth 4 speed auto! Bottom line is I think they tested a 2.5 limited
Agreed, this one had me puzzled. According to the Subaru website, for all the 2014's, the 2.5 engines are in the "i" series, basic "i", then "i Limited", "i Premium": and "i Touring".

The XT's all have the 2.0 engine and there are 2 - Premium and Touring.

No clue what CR was testing.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
111 Posts
Accurate Reporting vs. Hackery

As a Consumer Reports subscriber I can tell you two things:
  • Consumers tested the "2014 2.5i Premium 4-door SUV AWD, 2.5-liter 4-cyl., CVT"

• The PRNewsWire article is a horrible bit of hackery.

Consumer Reports never used the designation 2.5X in discussion of the 2014 model and they have the details correct in their reporting.

It looks to me like PRNewsWire has a poorly written computer program designed to accumulate "stuff" from lots of disparate reviews and try to combine it into a single cogent article. If you examine the article closely you can see where they directly quote Consumer Reports. Most, if not all the garble is outside the quotes. This fails at multiple levels. If they had a comments section I would scold them soundly for this.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Automatic
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another interesting list from Consumer Reports that ranks the best and worst from each manufacturer :) !

...and guess what ? Subaru 2.5i Premium tops the list from the Subaru stable :woohoo: !!!

Yahoo!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts