Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 subaru forester xt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My forester xt recently has started to be bumpy on a very smooth road and I'm concerned on what it could be I have had no problems with the car until now and the car is bone stock please help

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 4EAT
156 Posts
Get it inspected? Could be anything from driveline hardware, tyres, worn suspension parts or bushes, list goes on, it's hard to pinpoint with a vague description. Remember your car is over 10 years old, how has it been maintained? When did the problems start? Did they cause concern over time?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring CVT
916 Posts
My forester xt recently has started to be bumpy on a very smooth road and I'm concerned on what it could be I have had no problems with the car until now and the car is bone stock please help
Welcome to the forum!

How many miles on the XT? Have you owned it since new? Off hand, I think that unless one of your tires threw a weight, it's most likely worn suspension. If the shocks/struts have never been replaced, now would be a good time to do so. Also check the other suspension components.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,877 Posts
I'll go with worn struts based on the age. Your model will have four struts and the springs that accompany the struts. The replacement KYB's are available pretty much everywhere, no need to go to the dealer.

Probably best left to your service provider if you don't have the right tools and place to work on it. Plenty of good information and links to follow here http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/diy-shock-strut-replacement-how-difficult-76723/

Eventually if left to long you may notice tire cupping from worn struts.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 speed
34 Posts
I purchased an 06 FXT with 154K a year or so ago. It also had a jittery, bouncy ride. New struts did the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts