Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eyes on a 2011 2.5X Premium Forester with 65k miles on it. Asking price is $13,500. Im also looking at a Rav4, same year, same mileage, little less cost. I love the Forester but I’m really concerned about engine issues and headgasket leaks, etc. It just seems like the Forester may have more mechanical issues. For someone that wants low maintainence, what do you advise? Both cars have a good carfax. Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
Have you consulted Consumer Reports used car recommendations? I think they had an article in the most recent April issue. Since they collect data from subscribers they often know what kinds of problems certain years might have. Is the RAV4 AWD or 2 wheel drive? Have you found a RAV4 forum and asked there as well?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,815 Posts
Manual or automatic transmission?

According to Consumer Reports reliability data for the 2011 models, engine reliability for the Forester is "much worse than average" while the RV4 is "much better than average". Reason I asked about the transmission is that most of the oil consumption issues in Foresters occur with a manual transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts