Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new guy here. i've been eye balling foresters for awhile now... and i think its finally time to make a purchase. currently im driving a 2008 rav4, and willing to do a trade in (havent paid off the car yet). just wanted some input in what i am getting myself into, like what kind of minor/major issues should i be on the look out for? i drive about 50 miles per day, the forester im planning on purchasing has 73,620 miles on it... hows the reliability for these subie's? is there any turbo issues? the forester is priced at $13,993.00 is that too much? i cant provide the link as i need 15 posts. sorry as i have alot of questions, but thanks for taking the time to help a brother out :)

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
I can only speak from my own experience here but at 130,000 miles and no significant repairs, my opinion is that this is a reliable vehicle. If you want a better feel from a variety of owners, spend some time scanning the Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty section. There is also a Pet Peeves thread for nitpicks. I wouldn't change much about mine and have left it stock, almost unheard of around here for an XT.

The only significant thing I'd change, based on my highway-heavy use, is to get an N/A instead. Turbo is all but useless on many multi-lane highways so I should have saved the money upfront and on gas. Not to say that I don't enjoy the boost, but it wasn't a practical decision for highway driving.

Edit: welcome to our friendly little corner of the web!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
87 Posts
Having just bought a 05 xt 5speed, I can tell you that the climate control sucks, the gas mileage is good (27 on hwy) and it's quiet. Do yourself a favor and run a carfax report on it. One dealer I went to offered me a report that mysteriously omited past accidents. That report was not a carfax.

These cars are highly upgradable and good in adverse weather. Do not buy a non turbo for gas savings! I was glad to have the boost while driving through California recently! Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like the dumbest idea possible in my opinion. No offense intended.
long story short. call me superstitious, but ever since i had the rav4, my car has been keyed twice, rear ended twice, and has been hit while its parked by other vehicles a couple times... bad luck i guess. ive never had this happened to me until i had this car... so im currently looking for another car, and i happened to come across the forester. this all happened within a year. sucks for me :icon_cry:. i really wanted the 07xt forester, but i cant seem to find any available... i live in socal by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts