Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now here's a part I came across recently, seller had it stored away and forgot about it. I'm upgrading the TMIC and planned on picking one of these up on the Nasioc group buy, handy to have it locally and even nicer this is a genuine JDM FSTI part I'll be sporting on my hood, and not an Impreza piece.

I did a test fit tonight, took off the shroud and OEM scoop to test fit this unit. It fits perectly, everthing lines up nicely.

Now it does have some marks on the paint so I'll be taking it to the Subaru dealership for a respray. They also own a BMW dealership so their bodyshop does excellent work. Looking forward to my freshly painted and larger scoop !

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I dont think there is a difference between the STi and FSTi scoop, but it is still pretty cool.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,446 Posts
If you're going to have it repainted, I'd recommend having the entire scoop painted. The stock scoop comes with the vertical supports unpainted. IMO with the extra height, the vertical supports are more visible & look better painted. You can view my STi scoop here. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think there is a difference between the STi and FSTi scoop, but it is still pretty cool.
The fact that its off an FSTI makes it cool :biggrin:

If you're going to have it repainted, I'd recommend having the entire scoop painted. The stock scoop comes with the vertical supports unpainted. IMO with the extra height, the vertical supports are more visible & look better painted.
I looked at it done both ways and myself, I like the black slots. Personal preference : )

Sweet!

Any plans for a larger air splitter? We have a Group Buy going on right now on our splitter if you are interested.
I'll be running 08 TMIC so the Subtle splittler sadly won't fit, I'm going with something custom . One of the local guys has your splitter so I've seen it in the flesh and its a nice unit.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
I'll be running 08 TMIC so the Subtle splittler sadly won't fit, I'm going with something custom . One of the local guys has your splitter so I've seen it in the flesh and its a nice unit.
JDMJunkyard is running the same setup (08 TMIC) and it does fit. Check out his journal. I'll try and find a picture.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
JDMJunkyard is running the same setup (08 TMIC) and it does fit. Check out his journal. I'll try and find a picture.
It might fit but it does not seal the whole tmic since the 08 is wider and takes up the whole hood opening. I have researched this a lot and this is why I built my own. I have given out the plans to several people including the OP so they could have them made locally, which is what he has done IIRC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts