Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Unfortunately, it was viewed as too much of a liability, and a LOT of the wording wound up being synonyms for street racing slang. There were stories by GTP that were what the forum was intended for, but alas, we find we need to move on, and away from that type of writing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not to be PITA but what is the liability of the confessional

Not trying to push an issue but I am curious as to how the "Confessional" forum is a liability?

thanks

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
jmaiken said:
Not trying to push an issue but I am curious as to how the "Confessional" forum is a liability?

thanks
Not sure what your asking exactly?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The "Confessional" forum has been removed because of liability. I have seen this happen before on other forums. Normally it seemed like this happened because a bunch of punks were flaming each other and the forum degraded into a cesspool. I always figured the the liablility claim was just an excuse to end the forum.

This doesn't seem to be the case here, the contributions to the forum seemed to be reasonable. This leads me to belived that there might really be a liabilty issue that some forums don't want to assume and I was looking for an explanation.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Jmaiken, I think there are some "great" minds out there that think that this kind of forums can provoke members to race more, so they can write more cool stories. Clearly those people have no grasp of real life, but this fact won't help much if those people decide to get legal on the administration of this forum, therefore it is much easier to just remove the forum before they see it. This would not be an issue somewhere else, in more barbaric countries, where everyone is responsible for their own actions and the kindergarden time is over after a kid is 6 years old. But here, in States, society doing their best to ensure the flawless living of their citizens, which often leads to the results like this. Of course this is only my personal opinion, based on a very short time living in America, so I most likely don't see the big picture. In any case the reasons why the forum is gone are well understood, and it was done only to ensure the long life of the whole website.

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
Aleksey said:
Jmaiken, I think there are some "great" minds out there that think that this kind of forums can provoke members to race more, so they can write more cool stories. Clearly those people have no grasp of real life, but this fact won't help much if those people decide to get legal on the administration of this forum, therefore it is much easier to just remove the forum before they see it. This would not be an issue somewhere else, in more barbaric countries, where everyone is responsible for their own actions and the kindergarden time is over after a kid is 6 years old. But here, in States, society doing their best to ensure the flawless living of their citizens, which often leads to the results like this. Of course this is only my personal opinion, based on a very short time living in America, so I most likely don't see the big picture. In any case the reasons why the forum is gone are well understood, and it was done only to ensure the long life of the whole website.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Ben

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Aleksey said:
Thanks. I think this sums it up entirely. If not, then try visiting: http://www.fiberpipe.net/~ctown/warning.html

This is the SVX networks' view on stories...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.