Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
08 xt Stick
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i brought my Foz to upgrade parts.I arranged with Tuner/Installer to modify my SPT catback,install D/P and tune with Ecutek.
Well i go to pick it up and he says that the catback fits nice and that he just had to bend it to work,i thought fine.
Next he says that he did not install the EM,he said he was waiting on files(cough).I asked was it safe he said no probs just don't get on it.???
I am to go back next week for the EM
So i drive away pissed off.
When i get home i look under and see he never modified the catback and jammed it in there with the tip tight against the bumper melting the crap out of it.
I am thinking of going elsewhere for the EM and make him fix my bumper.
What do you guys think.
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
407 Posts
ECUTEK is the absolute last thing you want.

Unless you are cool with the idea that ECUTEK pretty much owns (for real, they consider it their property essentially, their arrogance is mind boggling. ) your ECU.

And the quality of your "tuner"s work scares me. That thing never should have left the shop with the exh touching the bumper.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
ECUTEK is the absolute last thing you want.

Unless you are cool with the idea that ECUTEK pretty much owns (for real, they consider it their property essentially, their arrogance is mind boggling. ) your ECU.

And the quality of your "tuner"s work scares me. That thing never should have left the shop with the exh touching the bumper.
+100%.

You are dealing with a turd. Any tuner that pushes ecutek is either gready or not in the know...ECUtek sucks. I wish I had a more eloquent way to state that, but that is how it is.

·
Registered
08 xt Stick
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+100%.

You are dealing with a turd. Any tuner that pushes ecutek is either gready or not in the know...ECUtek sucks. I wish I had a more eloquent way to state that, but that is how it is.
Scary thing is he is highly regarded in my area and i have been using him for years but,this takes the biscuit.
Gonna go elswhere
Thanks for the responses dudes.
My vf43 is going on next week somewhere else.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Cobb ap is your best friend & you can have multi maps & switch on the fly.

joe r

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
The AP is fully the way to go.Plus you can flash a for valet mode if you ever have to have some one else drive your car or have it parked so they can not flog it...

joe r

1 - 18 of 18 Posts