Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a bunch of searches both on and off the forums, and I can't find any solid information about the compatibility of the intake filters. I have a 2002 Forester, which is MAP based, and I'm not too sure which filters will fit my car. I've read in some places that replacement filters for the STi will fit certain 2.5RSs, but on Rallitek, it says that it won't fit the non-turbo '99 - '04 models. Certain ebay intakes say the same thing. Can anyone confirm this, and possibly lead me in the right direction?

Also, what brand do you guys recommend? I'd like to stick to a dry filter, so there's not running costs. I'm looking at the Apexi, AVO, and Blitz filters, and if there's not much of a difference, I'll get the cheapest one.

Thanks, Ben.

·
Registered
99 Forester
205 Posts
I really don't like the aftermarket air intake tubes with the cone filters. What makes you think that a dry filter is maintenance free? It still gets dirty and needs to be replaced. I'd stick with a stock filter if you want to keep your running costs low.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
I still have the K&N I took out when I did my swap if you are interested in moving to an oiled filter, $20 picked up and I'll even clean it for you before you get it :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts