Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is my first Subaru and Forester XT model car, do any of you know which other model subaru cars have compatible downpipes with the 2004 Forester XT models?

I need to know if an aftermarket downpipe for a 2002-2005 2006 IMPREZA SUBARU 04 WRX cars fits a 2004 Forester XT model while bolting to the stock midpipe / catback exhaust?

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts
Any 02-07 WRX or STi downpipe will fit. The turbo engines used in those models are very similar to the ones used in 04-08 Forester XTs.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts
No problem! The only thing to watch out for is that most aftermarket downpipes have a flat flange instead of a donut gasket that will mate up nicely with the stock midpipe (Cobb downpipes are a notable exception). You can either have a new flange welded onto the midpipe, get an aftermarket midpipe, or use an adapter to get around this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
^^ +1, following a catless car in the twisties isn't fun :icon_biggrin:

They are louder, too. But, cheaper and probably yield more p0wah.

That ebay ad doesn't have a picture of the turbo side. Can't even tell if it's blank-plate, bellmouth or anything. I doubt much went into engineering of this thing, but who knows, it may work out okay. "3.0" inlet and 3.0" outlet" makes me think it's same blank-plate design as the stock pipe, meh.

Stan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that donut-to-flat-flange adapter definitely looks nice, but it costs more than the downpipe itself lol. I'm just looking for a temporary downpipe to test some tuning techniques during a long road trip. I can build a full exhaust system later to my specs, but for now I just want to find this forester's capabilities with basic flow improvements. Does anyone know of any cheaper adapter flanges for these downpipes by any chance? I appreciate your advice so far, it's helping me make an informed decision.

How about this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358166624&ru=http://motors.shop.ebay.com:80/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=160358166624&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
that donut-to-flat-flange adapter definitely looks nice, but it costs more than the downpipe itself lol. I'm just looking for a temporary downpipe to test some tuning techniques during a long road trip.
You could do this, but what's the point? Why not buy a decent used catless downpipe for ~$150 and call it a day? If you want to be frugal and buy something new, check out the HKS 3" downpipe for $175. LINK

If you don't mind used, here's a great deal... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924590&highlight=downpipe

·
Registered
2015 FORESTER 2.0 XT
9 Posts
Hi. On my downpipe is 2 cats. So what better to do fit STI downpipe with one cat or fully deCated down pipe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts