Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
4 Posts
Hey everyone!

Im usually on LegacyGT and a few other forums, but just had to sign up here today...

My Dad just called me while I'm at work and is out test driving a 2003 Forester XS. He's tossing around the idea of trading in my old 96 OBS which he uses as a beater/dog transport. The OBS has a little over 200k and they are actually offering him $1000 for it.

The Forester has 75k and they want $8,900 for it. KBB says $11,900. We've bought 2 cars from this dealer before, and they only deal with Subaru's. Its a small town dealer/garage and they usually have about 10 Suby's on the lot. We've had nothing but good experience with them before, so I don't see why we shouldn't believe its a good deal.

If someone could run a carfax on it, we'd both appreciate it!

Thanks!

Also, I'll do a search, but off the top of your head, any known widespread issues with the 2003 Foresters?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
23 Posts
I've been told it costs a dealer $50 per year for umlimited CarFax reports. If you tell them you want a report they should provide it without hesitation.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i just realized that carfax no longer offers the unlimited package, so thanks anyway. I'll tell my Dad to ask the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,917 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester purchase! Let the members know how it comes out. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm also selling or trading my lgt, need more of a family car. Thats cool that they only sale Subaru's. Wish there was a place around me that did that. Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts