Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 x LTD
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the keys seem to be different for 09-10 US Foresters let's discuss here how to combine our key and remote fob into 1 easy to carry unit similar to the Outback.

This key
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2010-UNCUT-SUBARU-LEGACY-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-CWTWBU766-/370391965182?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563d14ddfe#ht_6538wt_1167

on eBay looks different. My key doesn't have a groove down the middle so this key won't work. I wouldn't mind cannibalizing my valet key and immobilizer transponder and stuffing it into a working remote.

However this key that adamlloyd got from ebay looks different than the ebay picture in the auction and looks like a blank version of my key

this

·
Registered
2009 X Limited
141 Posts
The separate key and fob irritated me so I looked into getting an integrated fob. Unfortunately, the keys for the 09-10 are laser-cut (not cheap to get done at the dealer) and the dealer could not confirm that the blank for the 2010 outback key would work for the forester. This was the status as of last year.

I decided to cannibalize the valet key and make a flip key for my 09 forester. Here's the writeup. Not sure if you want a flip key, but I'm glad I did the mod. :icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
You might want to contact Supporting Vendor Annapolis Subaru. Jackie there has probably got some idea of what will work with the number of keys she's provided members with and related costs.
PM her or post in the Annapolis thread, she's checking it periodically through out the day, so I would expect a quick answer. + members here get a discount from her on parts.

Good luck and be sure to continue on your writeup with the solution.

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Don't the MY10 Outback keys work with the Previous generation Foresters? Isn't there a thread here to that effect? It would stand to reason that if the current laser keys (available <$50 on ebay I believe) for the Legacy/Outback work with older Foresters, that they'd work with newer Foresters too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts