Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
At first I thought that's an awful lot of offset untill I looked closer :huh:. Have you considered bronze? I believe there's a couple of Foz's in the Member Gallery "red Foresters" running bronze, check it out.
To answer your question I think they look too dark.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
flat black looks cool at first, but ends up looking like steelies from a distance. it works good for winters, by the time you start not liking them you can get your summers out..:biggrin:

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At first I thought that's an awful lot of offset untill I looked closer :huh:. Have you considered bronze? I believe there's a couple of Foz's in the Member Gallery "red Foresters" running bronze, check it out.
To answer your question I think they look too dark.
Thanks, Ill check out the bronze. I tried photoshoping a goldish color but that didn't work out first try so I bailed on it. hahah
Are you running a 1" suspension lift spacer now? It looks like it in the picture.

If you want to keep the ride height the same, check out our new 1" lift kits available for the SH Forester (2009-2010) here --> Subtle Solutions
:chair:

No lift. Should be stock ride height. The wheels in the picture are actually infront of my stock wheels. That's why it may look a little like a optical illusion.
they would look sweet in a gloss black, im not a huge fan of flat black, unless its black on black
Yeah, was going to go gloss black...know how to photoshop it???
i'm a fan, goes with the fog light trim and side skirt. now you need to black out the exhaust tips :N_poke:
Yeah, I do like how black matches all the other parts on the car...not liking the exhaust? I blacked out the cans at least :raspberry:

Keep the ideas coming if you got em! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
I'm not a fan of black wheels. I think it hides the nuances of a wheel to much......that's just MHO. As the expression goes, "there's an a-- for every seat". Do what you like and what will make you appreciate the addition/change to your ride.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
.... Do what you like and what will make you appreciate the addition/change to your ride.
Oh yeah, for sure. I just wanted to see thoughts/comments. Everyone has their own opinion, which is great! That's what I need. Also any kind of hints or tips and tricks when painting rims or clashing colors etc would be helpful. Ya know "Any help you can give would be....helpful"

My brother said something about black/gloss with some red highlights in there somewhere.

I think I will either:
A. Paint them glossish black
B. Keep them silver. Paint door handles and side skirts (maybe side skirts) definitely door handlers.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I personally hate black wheels. On any color car. The black wheel blends with the black tire and the black wheel well and it looks blah to me. Maybe a super gloss, but not even then for me.

I love gold wheels, on ANY color car. I've had them on our white, red, maroon, silver, blue cars. Everything from a true gold, a milder BBS gold and a very subltle duplicolor sand silver gold.

Bronze is also nice, but a darker bronze, not an orangy bronze. Silver is fine too.

Again, my opinions only.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts