Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the forum and have been searching for information concerning color-matched door handles for my 2010 Forester Limited.

I have read that the 2009/2010 Impreza door handles are the same and can be purchased prepainted, unlike the Forester handles that only come in black plastic or chrome.

I am really trying to avoid any painting, so it would be great if I could just order them prepainted and be done with it. Anybody know anything about this??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
I too would love some colour matched handles but unfortunately for us they are now only available "new" in unpainted form you can PM our vendors and they will provide prices. There are 2 peices for each door, the handle itself and the little "thumb cap". They are cheap, but again you have to get them painted.

The other option is to find a wrecked one the same colour or find a Impreza owner willing to swap.

Also... welcome to the forum!!!! You should add your vehicle info to your signature so we always know what model you are talking about

·
Registered
204 Posts
I really wanted the chrome ones but they were not available as an option. I wonder how hard they would be to swap out if I find a used set.

That being said the black ones are kinda growing on me

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,958 Posts
The door handles on my '07 FSXT are color keyed to the body & I'd prefer them to be "black" like the ones on my '03X. I like the contrasting look. This may be another future MOD! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Base Forester
2 Posts
I have black door handles and would prefer body colour or chrome ones. I was at the dealership today (in BC, Canada) and the guy said that the chrome ones are $42 each and it takes an hour per door to install them (at $100 an hour). He said if I wanted body colour I should paint the existing ones.

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
623 Posts
I have taken the door handles off and on a couple times now on MY10 and
It's not difficult at all.

As for the painted handles, i looked at the dealership and the legacy seems to share the same handles with us and the impreza. So that is another option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts