Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my 09 Forester in the spring and was wondering why so many people complained about rattles. I had none. I thought maybe I got lucky?

Well, as soon as the temp outside has dipped, I'm hearing all kinds of rattling and buzzing over bumps.

My question is - should I expect these to go away once things warm up again? Has anyone had good success with dealers fixing these rattles ..or is it a futile exercise? I'd hate to make things worse.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,719 Posts
Nope, gets worse when it's cold & I suspect some will still be there when it warms up. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
942 Posts
In winter is normal on all cars. i had a honda's and they always rattle more during winter. I just never owned rattle free car ;) only learn to ignore if the car been around for a while ;)

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
942 Posts
Just a think that I been thinking about:

the only people that don't hear rattles are not the one that own a rattle free car but enjoy lissening to their radio more lol ;), if subaru would put in a better unit in the 09-10 I am surre the rattles would not be as annoying ;)

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Hello, define 'rattles'? On a cold morning I have a rattle- I think its noisy rollers- its coming from the belts/rollers. It goes away once the car is warmed up.

On the road normally- the interior etc is squeak-free.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
144 Posts
Hmmmm...

Like the OP, I've read all the "rattle" posts, and just though maybe I was lucky with a rattle-free Foz.
Didn't mention it due to Murphy's Law effect.

Then again, I only have 3k miles on it.
It's gettin' cold... I'll report back if rattles start.

On a side note: after reading the rattle reports, I've been trying HARD to get my wife to stop slamming the doors shut! Grrrr...

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
I've heard a high pitched buzzing coming from the rear hatch on cold mornings, I know it's the license plate, it even sounds like a license plate, you know what I mean?:biggrin: Maybe I'll but a rubber standoffs under it someday.
The engine startup noises are are normal I figure with an exhaust like the Subies have, no cast iron to muffle the exhaust note.
Speaking of exhaust, the Subie exhaust right off the engine reminds me of the exhaust on a two-stroke snow machine, they sort of like have a collector in them. What ye say?

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Hmmmm...

Like the OP, I've read all the "rattle" posts, and just though maybe I was lucky with a rattle-free Foz.
Didn't mention it due to Murphy's Law effect.

Then again, I only have 3k miles on it.
It's gettin' cold... I'll report back if rattles start.

On a side note: after reading the rattle reports, I've been trying HARD to get my wife to stop slamming the doors shut! Grrrr...
My girlfriends sister is only petite yet she almost rolls the car onto its side when she shuts the door. I kid you not- shes doesnt drive so always looks at you as though your over-reacting :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
Have 2010 2.5X- Developed Buzzing Rattles inside both front doors at about 1000 miles, Am thinking its PowerWindow assemblies- Any thoughts?

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
711 Posts

I can not ****ing stand that. Everytime it happens, I say "my doors are light" she says "what?" I say "nothing, dear" :icon_frown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts