Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:hey guys i own a 04 forester xt and i want to install an intake system. I am debating whether or not if i should get a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Suggestions??

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
945 Posts
I have the APS 70 MM Cold Air Intake on my 04 Xt. I like it a lot, thought it might get kinda annoying, but quite the opposite. I don't even realize a difference in noise compared to the stock airbox until I get on it.

Obviously, this intake will require tuning.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I have the APS 70 MM Cold Air Intake on my 04 Xt. I like it a lot, thought it might get kinda annoying, but quite the opposite. I don't even realize a difference in noise compared to the stock airbox until I get on it.

Obviously, this intake will require tuning.
A 65mm won't though...

SRI = bad
CAI = good

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Mt
197 Posts
I am running a APS 65mm and on a stage 2 pro tune, it works for me. I do not do deep water crossings or crap like that. the filter is kind of a pain to remove and clean but I am only cleaning it every 15K so once a year its not that big of a deal. The filter is huge and you can hear it mostly when you get on the gas. I had a cobb short ram before and it just was not what i wanted. It was pulling more air form the motor bay as opposed to any cold air. The APS units sits behind the head light down to the fog light.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
High Flow Panel Filter= best
That really depends. Thats still going to be restrictive if you are running a VF39 or bigger. The stock box with a good filter is a great option on a stock TD04.

APS makes the best intake in my opinion. AEM is pretty good too. CAI of course.

If you are in regions that you regularly have to deal with standing water in the roads, then yes, a high flow panel filter is your best option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts