Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forums been doing lots of reading but sumthings are just not that clear and id like to get them out of the way with ur help!

First of all ive custom made a Cold air intake system for my forester X with mild steel piping, but im not sure if i got much of a power gain/loss as its position is where the stock intake was (a little bit behind it because of the ABS unit)

I have a SAAS pod filter ( im from australia pretty decent brand here...)

my main question which imprezza parts are interchangeable with my forester as i want to get a proper CAI to run down to the actual bumper bar where there is a air intake spot...

is the Imprezza RS 2.5l engine the same as mine? so that would mean all modifications made for it will bolt straight on to my forester?

im just confused as to what will work with the N/A forester and what wont..

And also when i Floor the car i occasionaly get this sulfur smell ... is my cat done?

thanks tech.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ADD THE HTTP cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Injen-Cold-Air-Intake-02-07-Subaru-Impreza-RS-RD1222P_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414bc93059QQitemZ280444350553QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

will this work onthe N/a Forester??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also i read onthe forum that connecting the after market CAI tothe AIR BOX on top of the throttle body is better as that acts as an air chamber... etc etc is this true as allthe ebay CAI systems run straight to the throttle body.

And theres other rubber piping connected to the air box what are they for???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does cold air intake have a MAP sensor cant seem to find anything listed about it (is the map sensor the air flow sensor??)PLEASE ADD THE HTTP cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Injen-Cold-Air-Intake-02-07-Subaru-Impreza-RS-RD1222P_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414bc93059QQitemZ280444350553QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 7 of 7 Posts