Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the overall CAI choice for an XT amongst the folks on the forum? I've been checking on ebay and there seem to be three vendors' CAI's for sale; AEM, Injen, and the "CP" that is going for about half the price of the others.

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
do you have a XT or is your car NA? this may be in the wrong forum

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Injen makes a pretty sweet product, alot of guys/gals around here you'll be finding are running one type of injen product or another

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LexiconXT said:
APS 65mm CAI. Sounds great, looks great, needs no tuning for HP. and its APS.
I checked the APS website and they list CAI's for the WRX and STI, and none for the Forester.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sirwilliam said:
If it works for the STi it will usually work for the FXT...well for the '04-'05s at least.
That sounds reasonable. There's also a distributor for them and an associated performance shop in the area, so I suppose I could double check with them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Air Intake Choices?

Has any one tried the Short Ram Intake by Cobb? I was wondering if a Short Ram would be quieter than a long?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
I've got a TXS short ram and it's plenty noisy! I like it though, sometimes I turn my stereo off just to listen to the WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH PSSHHHH!!! ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The APS 65mm fits the XT fine. I researched for months before I decided on the APS, because of Subys being notorious for not being intake-friendly. I also have the APS 3'' TBE. I haven't used the stereo in over 4 months since I got these on. The intake just sounds mean, but not too loud and won't draw attention other than those who are looking for it. Also, it is not like a true Cold air, which is long and can potentially suck up water. It's a good safe choice if you want to put an intake on a subaru, even without tuning, plus it sounds amazing. But if you want the safest choice, while sounding great too, listen to Peaty and perform a snorkelectomy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LexiconXT said:
The APS 65mm fits the XT fine. I researched for months before I decided on the APS, because of Subys being notorious for not being intake-friendly. I also have the APS 3'' TBE. I haven't used the stereo in over 4 months since I got these on. The intake just sounds mean, but not too loud and won't draw attention other than those who are looking for it. Also, it is not like a true Cold air, which is long and can potentially suck up water. It's a good safe choice if you want to put an intake on a subaru, even without tuning, plus it sounds amazing. But if you want the safest choice, while sounding great too, listen to Peaty and perform a snorkelectomy.

Potential water problems aside, what other advantages are there to going with the shorter length APS instead of a "true" cold air intake?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dizizjake said:
Because i have the prototype CAI in my car. Dyno tuned CAI.
Do most of the stock CAI's require some type of post installation tuning? From what I've read in some of the replies, the APS does not require any additional tuning.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts