Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09 forester
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09' Forester base model with no turbo (plain jane). is there a cold air kit for our models? i checked rallitek, called them about my cold air question, and there isn't any cold airs for our models. perrin doesn't have any cold air kitz for our base models either. i'm stuck. i guess i just have to wait 10 years for it to be on andysautoparts. lol. it'd be nice just to save $ by not having to buy oem filters. i know rallitek makes an AVO High Flow Panel Air Filter, but itz basically the same thing as an oem air filter and u can clean over and over. maybe itz not in supply and demand? get back @ me folks!
stinky cross over

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
5,082 Posts
The Forester already takes in air through the fender from outside the engine compartment.
My ScanGauge shows the intake air temp with stock intake is only 7*F higher than ambient temperature in steady driving.
In view of this, what benefit do you expect from an aftermarket cold air intake?

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
The car comes with a CAI stock. Look elsewhere for more performance - like betterflowing mufflers.
this is true, 99% of cars come with them now, and as i like to say, who spent millions on the intake system??? some aftermarket company or subaru.

on a side note at school im in a class, in which we put mods on cars and dyno them, 90% of the time aftermarket CAI do nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.