Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to lift my 2014 Forester about 1".

What coilover options are good for offroading and raising ride height? But also providing decent street drivability. I would like the adjustability of height, for when I put on street tires.

Or are there more advantages with lifting blocks and spring/strut combo?

Also what is the largest A/T tire I can fit on the factory XT 18's at stock height?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Advantage/disadvantage will depend on specific setups you are comparing. Lifting spacers won't give you more travel, ideally you'd have a longer traving damper and really tall springs. Obliously, your control arms would also have to be able to travel enough to support the range.

There are no lifting blocks for this car since it's not a body on frame design. You can have spacers between tophats and their load bearing spots, this will lift the whole car the thickness of spacers. Your control arm angle will change.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Also what is the largest A/T tire I can fit on the factory XT 18's at stock height?
I went with the Yokohoma Geolandar ATS in the stock size of 225/55/18. I would not go any more than that, as I rub my mudflaps a little when fully turned. Pictures of my tires on the stock rims here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/geojoshs-xt-journal-282330/#post3013409

Great tires offroad though... I could not be happier. Check out this thread for some pictures of my recent offroad adventure. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f114/bridgeport-tx-offroad-pics-vids-march-2014-a-300610/

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Advantage/disadvantage will depend on specific setups you are comparing. Lifting spacers won't give you more travel, ideally you'd have a longer traving damper and really tall springs. Obliously, your control arms would also have to be able to travel enough to support the range.

There are no lifting blocks for this car since it's not a body on frame design. You can have spacers between tophats and their load bearing spots, this will lift the whole car the thickness of spacers. Your control arm angle will change.

Stan
Oh, that's what I meant, spacers not blocks.:crazy:

How much of a change in control arm angle are we talking about with 1" lift?
Has anyone on here lifted there '14 yet?
How much of an affect will that have on daily road travel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts